Once voted world’s greenest hotel, the purpose-built Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers does have an impressive sustainability story to tell. It is a top performer in environmental management and efficiency in a city famous for its urban sustainability initiatives. Sustainability and environmental performance are continuously monitored, challenged and improved, tells us Mireille Jakobsen, Crowne Plaza Towers’ sustainability and CSR manager.
- Why Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers invests in sustainability and eco-efficiency;
- How the hotel’s commitment to sustainability has impacted staff, clients and guests;
- Which are the most exciting sustainability features at the hotel;
- The main benefits of implementing sustainability;
- Advice for hotel managers eager to follow suit.
Mireille, since when and why the focus on sustainability at the hotel?
This was planned from the very beginning, before the hotel opened its doors. The philosophy on which the hotel is built is that sustainability and profitability are, and must continue to be compatible goals. Sustainability is also our advantage in a very competitive market.
Latest posts by The Editorial Team (see all)
- Interview with Michel Awad of the Siraj Center, on Developing Responsible Tourism in Palestine - 19/10/2017
- 42 Destinations Whose Commitment to Sustainability Has Impressed Leading Sustainable Tourism Professionals in 2017 - 17/10/2017
- Interview with Julien Buot on Responsible Tourism Development in France - 12/10/2017