The Sustainability Leaders Project is the living example of the old adage that together we can achieve more. Our Skills-Based Volunteering Program offers you the opportunity to put your skills to good practice, to support a good cause and at the same time strengthen your CV and nurture your professional network.
As a skills-based volunteer, you help us share best practice examples in tourism and to tell the stories of inspiring change makers and responsible tourism leaders. In other words, those working hard to improve tourism experiences and -management.
Current Volunteering Opportunities:
Wanted: A native English speaker, graduate in tourism/sustainability and with experience in qualitative research and editing. Ideally you’ll know your way around WordPress (or are keen to learn it).
Your tasks: Help us prepare and edit interviews, including background checks, developing questions, and editing answers.
Social Media Assistant
Wanted: A native English speaker, graduate in tourism/sustainability and with experience in posting on social media. Must be dedicated and reliable. Knowledge of Spanish would be ideal.
Application deadline for both positions: 30 June 2017.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to our editor, Florian Kaefer: email@example.com.
Our volunteers usually commit 5 hours per week, over a minimum of four months.
Benefits of Contributing to the Sustainability Leaders Project
Why dedicate your time and energy to the Sustainability Leaders Project? Here are a few benefits to consider:
- Put your skills to practice and benefit from feedback within a friendly team atmosphere
- Do something meaningful – be part of a project dedicated to making tourism better
- Connect with sustainable tourism leadership enthusiasts from around the world
- Make your professional profile stand out when applying for your next job
- Benefit from being among the first to hear about latest insights and trends in sustainable tourism
- Show off your pro bono work with a reference – written or on your LinkedIn profile – at the end of your term
- If you are a consultant, find new clients by being featured on our Team page
“Dreams turned into ideas and passion – into an action. It was not an easy way to find a passion, but as always searching gave its results.
A year ago I started looking for a project in sustainable tourism to join with a bold idea to improve something I was passionate about – Travel. Now, being a part of such a talented and inspiring Sustainability Leaders team and making change through spreading a word on responsible tourism, makes me proud.
Thanks so much for this exciting journey Sustainability Leaders Project!”
Tatiana Makarova, with us since July 2015
Know someone who might be interested in working with us? Share and spread the word!