World’s leading sustainable tourism champions in one place, sharing their sustainability success strategies, challenges and useful advice. Welcome to the Sustainability Leaders Project!
Over 180 interviews with sustainable tourism leaders and change-makers in over 50 countries
From the United States to Japan, via South Africa, France, India and Austria, hundreds of sustainability champions tell their story and share their experiences from working at the coal-face of tourism development and management.
- Destination managers
- Tourism business owners and managers
- Sustainable tourism consultants,
- Leading academics
We invite you to enjoy our collection of portraits, full of inspiring stories and hands-on advice.
The call for sustainability is getting louder in the world of tourism, which raises the question for many hoteliers, tour operators and destination managers how to approach sustainable tourism, and how turn it into a business opportunity and competitive advantage?
In our sustainable tourism knowledge base you’ll find answers to questions such as:
- what is sustainable tourism?
- which are the challenges and trends?
- how to identify and manage sustainability priorities?
- where do you start if you want to make your hotel, tour business or destination more sustainable?
- how can DMOs support the sustainable development of their destination?
World’s leading tourism sustainability professionals answer your questions and share their thoughts on topics such as the sustainable tourism challenges and trends in 2019.
SLP on TOUR: join us as we visit some of world’s most innovative destinations working towards sustainability. Find out how they do it and what makes them stand out.